City Architecture Office has completed multiple phased regeneration of Rosyth Parish Church. The completion of the renovation works coincides with the centenary of the founding of Rosyth Garden City. It is the only listed building (class B) in Rosyth, designed by A H Mottram, and opened n 1931. It stands at the heart of Rosyth Garden City, masterplanned by Raymond Unwin and founded in 1916.
The intricately realised design has created a welcoming community asset and since re-opening after 11 years, user numbers and activities have increased greatly. City Architecture Office was initially appointed to carry out a feasibility study. Problems were identified, plans prepared and fundraising started. From this work, the vision to create a multi-use ‘hub’ for the benefit of the community was developed. The remodelling and improvements to the existing fabric are designed to retain the original character of the B-listed building, improve accessibility and create new opportunities for contact and interaction with the community.